Coming Events Great things are happening with CAQHA! For everything you need to know about our shows - see below!
Our Open All Breed Shows for 2014
January 25 - June 21 - August 9 - October 4
The Entry Form for our shows is available for download below. In addition, if you would like to complete for any Daily High Point Awards or Year End Series Awards, you'll need to be a CAQHA Member! Our Membership Form is also available for download below. We are now accepting Pre-Entries and Stall Reservations for our shows at the Travis County Expo Center. See details below! See you at the shows!
Our Versatility Playdays for 2015 - Dates coming soon!
May - July - August
CAQHA is partnering with the Dripping Springs Ranch Park to bring these family friendly, fun shows to the beautiful new covered arena in Dripping Springs. Performance Division classes includeeaturing Discipline Rail, Trail, Ranch Pleasure and speed events! Western and English riders welcome!
CAQHA Pre-Entry Guidelines For All Breed Open Shows at the Travis County Expo Center
In order to facilitate the entry process at the Open Show Series, please follow these guidelines:
1. Download the CAQHA Entry Form (landscape format) and Showbill (schedule of classes / class numbers) below.
2. Complete the Entry Form and (if applicable) the Membership/Series Award Nomination Form. Via U.S. Postal Service, mail to:
- Donna Arnett, 110 Creek Meadow Cove, Leander, TX 78641
3. Pre-Entry Forms must be received by Donna by 5 pm on the Monday before each show date.
4. Please include your email address (print clearly) on your Entry Form so that Donna can confirm receipt of your Pre-Entry. If you DO NOT receive an email confirmation of your Pre-Entry, please contact Donna at the email address above.
5. On the day of the show, please report to the horse show office to pick up your back number and leave a check for class fees and other charges. Pre-entries will be given priority in the entry process on show morning.
6. If you are unable to attend the show after pre-entering classes, please email Donna and your entry will be voided in the horse show system. You will not be required to pay for any classes if you do not come to the show.
7. CAQHA members that nominated for Series Awards will utilize the same back number for all shows in the series. If you are unsure of your back number, please email Donna.
8. New exhibitors will be assigned a back number at the show. Exhibitors are not required to join CAQHA to show. However, if you would like to compete for Daily High Point or Reserve High Point awards you must join CAQHA. If you would like to compete for year end Series Awards, you must join CAQHA and complete the Nomination information on the Membership Form on or before the start of the June show. Note that each Division specified has a nomination fee of $10. The CAQHA Membership Form can be found below
- Number of stalls needed & designate: Horse (mare, gelding, stallion) and/or Tack Stall
- Number of shavings needed (if any) - exhibitors are welcome to bring their own shavings
- First and last name for whom stall should be reserved
- Trainer name (if applicable)
- Description of preferred location, if any
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice of stall location, if any
Stalls will be assigned on a first come-first served basis via email, and will also be available on a first come-first served basis the night prior to and on show day.
Stalls are $25 each. You may bring your own shavings, or purchase from CAQHA at the Travis County Expo Center when you arrive ($8 bag).
If you reserve a stall and do not utilize it, you will not be charged or penalized. However, if you reserve a stall and have not checked in by 9 a.m. on show day (by 12 noon on show day for ranch class exhibitors), your stall could be released to another party, if requested or needed.
Note for the CAQHA August show: Our stalls in August will be affected by locked tack and equipment stalls which are left in place for several weeks by the local Hunter-Jumper summer show series; CAQHA will make every effort to work around those occupied sites, and reserve our CAQHA requests as closely as possible to requested locations. Thanks for your understanding at the August show!
Dripping Springs Ranch Park Horse Show Dates for 2015 coming soon! CAQHA is proud to partner with DSRP for the Horsemanship Versatility Playdays next year!!
Dripping Springs Ranch Park will be hosting a number of horse shows in 2014 and 2015. For additional information on these events please go to the DSRP website at - www.drippingspringsranchpark.com
Dressage in the Hill Country at DSRP - Clinic Nov. 1 / Show Nov. 2 featuring Classical & Western Dressage!
A dedication to putting the American Quarter Horse first has led the AQHA Executive Committee to make changes in AQHA rules as far as equipment use at all AQHA-approved shows, which include our CAQHA Shows. These changes are based on recommendations from the AQHA Animal Welfare Commission and their definition of abuse: Any excessive and/or repetitive action to cause obvious distress or discomfort to a horse. A list of the new rules can be found and downloaded below.